While your baby may be years away from boarding the yellow school bus, don’t let that fool you. Your little one is already quickly studying up on the world around them. Babies build their skills based off of the environment they’re in and the people they’re around. At Cross Timbers Preschool & Daycare in Owasso, our caregivers understand the unique learning milestones of infants which is why we offer one of the best Infant Daycare Programs in Oklahoma. If you’re unfamiliar with the various infant learning milestones, our childcare specialists are here to clear things up.
During the first year of your baby’s life, they will be working tirelessly on improving their motor skills. Between the time your baby is born and the time they reach three months, you will see tremendous improvements in your infant’s cognitive and physical growth. Some milestones to look out for are:
- Your baby is able to lift and turn their head on their own.
- Your baby’s attention span is improving and they are able to focus for longer periods of time.
- Your baby may start to actively enjoy playtime by imitating your facial expressions and mimicking the sounds you make.
- Your baby can open their hands and swipe at objects that they want.
Infant Learning Milestones: Four to Six Months
When your baby is between the ages of four and six months, they will start to fully engage with the world around them. Your baby will be more sensitive to your tone of voice and they may even know their name already. During this stage of infancy, some milestones to look for are:
- Your baby can accurately track moving objects and people.
- Your child can reach with both hands to hold onto toys and people.
- Your baby cries less often and babbles more.
If you have an infant in need of quality child care near Owasso, contact the childcare professionals at Cross Timbers Preschool & Daycare today!